Tuesday, July 26, 2016

JOYOUS JULY

This month has been a whirlwind filled with joyous extended family events and Tom's birthday, of course.  

I started the month off with a trip to the USA to see my little sister get married to the man of her dreams in sunny southern California.  While I was there, I was able to celebrate one of my other sister's 40th birthday and my dad's anniversary.  Needless to say it was a jam packed week of celebrating with some of my favorite people in the whole wide world - family is everything to me!   There were nights (or the maybe it was the wee hours of the morning) when I climbed into bed with a tummy ache and the cheeks on my face killing me from the hours and hours of laughter.  It was so nice to see my siblings and reconnect with them because they are some of my best friends.  I feel so blessed that I have siblings that I adore.  

It is not often in life that I am able to step away for a week without my hubby and sweet girls to just be with my sisters and brothers.  Many of them came without their spouses and children hence we could really chat, laugh and have very little responsibilities.  We could eat donuts for brekie, chocolate ice cream for lunch and cupcakes for dinner without feeling the "mom" guilt of setting a good example.  We went to the beach without having to apply sunscreen to anyone, rode bikes on the boardwalk without any littles in tow, and felt no pressure that were going to have exhausted children that would be melting down by the end of the night.  It was just what I needed to reset, recharge and relax.  I am so grateful that I have such a supportive, loving husband who sees my needs and encourages me to take care of me. 


My girls told Tom that they were worried I would not want to come home because I was having such a fabulous time.  I told them that they NEVER have to worry.  I will always come back HOME because they have my HEART!

I will now post some picture from the awesome trip.  We kicked off the week after a long flight with a bike ride through the streets of our childhood.  Every summer we lived at the beach in our swimsuits, soaking up the sun.  It was a complete joy to reminisce on those moments and think about how blessed we were to have the childhood that we had.  
Then we jumped right into the rehearsal dinner and wedding.  We were able to meet our little sister's fiancé's family and get to know them.  They are such sweet lovely southern people. We are so excited for her to have them in her life and hopefully we will get to rub shoulders with the Mitchell family as the years go by.  K made a STUNNING bride and her smile lit up the event.  The wedding coordinator commented that she had never seen a wedding party that PARTIED as hard as we did.  Everyone was on the dance floor shaking what their mamas gave them.  It was unforgettable!  
The HAPPY COUPLE!



 
After the wedding on Saturday, we went to the beach and just relished our time together.  We chatted the day away and continued it over dinner that night as we celebrated Z's 40th birthday.  We laughed so hard that occasionally there were tears falling from my eyes.  I tell you what I love... my family.  It will be a night many of us will NEVER forget.  40 looks pretty darn good on you Z!  You are one BEAUTIFUL, KIND, SASSY, HOT Lady!  
The birthday Girl - Z!
We capped off the week in the USA with a trip to Fashion Island, Balboa Island and San Diego visiting family and friends.  We were able to reconnect with so many people we love.  I cannot explain how much FUN we had!  
When I arrived home I was able to celebrate the love of my life's birthday.  Tommy boy turned another year older and we celebrated with a delicious meal and dessert.  I love this guy to pieces and he makes life worth living.  Happy birthday Mr. Tom!  

No comments:

Post a Comment