Thursday, April 28, 2016

TIME IS FLYING

My kids asked me just yesterday if I was still blogging because it seems like forever that I posted anything.  Life is passing by so quickly and I don't seem to have any spare time.  I know that in life we make time for things that are important to us.  So, I decided today was the day that I would add a post.

March came and went.  Here we are at the end of April.  With that in mind, I will quickly highlight what we have been up to this month.

The girls finished up Term 1 and started school holidays.  We had planned to take the kids down to Jervis Bay, Hyams Beach again for a week of the two week break.  Hyams is one of our favorite beaches in Australia.  It has the whitest sand in the world and is a really relaxed setting.  It is one of the places where distractions fall to the wayside and we are able to just be together.  We eat simple delicious dinners, play games together and just disconnect from outside influences.  It brings out the best in us.
No vacation is complete without gelato!
Bubbles are great entertainment!
There was a storm one night and it carved out a HUGE slice of the beach!  Water is so POWERFUL!
When we returned from the beach, we celebrated Claire's 17th birthday.  She wanted to see Eddie the Eagle in the new theatres that have lazy-boy recliners.  Watching a movie as you are reclined is a real joy!  It might be difficult to adjust back to a regular theatre.  We love this girl and are in complete shock that she is almost ready to leave the nest!
We might love CONVERSE tennis shoes!

We went out to the Blue Mountains to see the autumn leaves.  Traffic was terrible so we pulled over for a picnic and bush walk.  It turned out to be a fun filled day with stunning vistas, fresh apple pies and hillbilly cider.
 

No school holidays is complete without a trip to The Vogue Cafe for a yummy milkshake!  

One day we decided to try the TREE TOP ADVENTURE PARK!  It was amazing to be climbing through the trees and testing every muscle in our bodies.  I think my favorites were the flying foxes however, any activity with this gang is a GOOD TIME!  

Grace and Jane also took a cupcake class at a darling little cupcake bakery.  They had a great time making cupcakes and I had a great time EATING THEM!

No comments:

Post a Comment