Wednesday, March 11, 2015

MEMORABLE BIRTHDAYS

YUM, YUM!
Last year I turned 40!  We had a wonderful time celebrating and I thought that my birthday this year would be a little more low key.  My birthday happened to fall on a Monday and Mondays are really busy days for us as a family.  Due to some other arrangements, we decided to celebrate my birthday on Saturday.  

We were scheduled to have our family picture taken that Saturday evening and so we decided that we would celebrate my birthday early in the morning.  Tom knows that I love to go out for brekie and what would be more enjoyable then dining at the beach with the four people I love the most.  We enjoyed some decadent cuisine as we basked in the sunlight listening to the ocean.  It was an amazing way to start my day.  We capped off the day with a family photo shoot and lots of laughter thanks to Wendy from Blue Lily Photography.
I am going to miss celebrating my birthday in late SUMMER when I move away....I love the sunshine!

Monday was my actual birthday.  I was invited by a lovely friend to go on a picnic and bush walk for my birthday.  Three other friends joined us in the national park for this adventure.  We had no idea what an adventure it would turn out to be.  After a beautiful and tasty picnic, we headed out for our bush walk.  

As we got deep into the trail, we came across a NAKED German Hiker (not completely naked I guess, he was wearing a backpack, watch and hat).  It was quite surprising as we were suddenly face to face with him.  I was really grateful to be wearing my new birthday sunnies to hide my surprised eyes.  One of my friends was able to respond with a timely "Guten Tag".  Needless to say, we laughed for much of the remaining bush walk and many more moments afterwards.  I had no idea that I was going to celebrate my 41st birthday with a stranger wearing his BIRTHDAY SUIT!  

One of my friends was convinced that he was a German accountant checking out a new trail for other German hikers that are notorious for hiking in their birthday suits.  How you can determine that a man is an accountant when he is completely naked is still puzzling to me?  I guess I will need to sharpen my observation skills because I cannot even remember if he had shoes on his feet. It was a very MEMORABLE birthday.  

Love these ladies and that they would celebrate with me.  :)
See the Naked Hiker that has been photoshopped into this photo...very cheeky ladies!
 Compliments of Mr. DM.

No comments:

Post a Comment