Tuesday, February 24, 2015

LOVING MY LITTLES


The Pizza's were YUMMY!
I stated last year on my blog that I happen to love Valentine's Day.  I love the idea that we have an entire day devoted to LOVE.  I love that it can remind us to think about the relationships in our lives that should be the most important.  It is a day where we should express our kindness, gratitude and  love to each other unconditionally regardless of our faults.

Again this year Claire and I helped out with flower deliveries for a friend of ours who owns a local flower shop, URBAN FLOWER, on Friday the 13th (Corporate V-DAY) and Saturday the 14th (the BIG V-DAY). We had a fantastic time and were able to brighten many individuals day.  Our favorite delivery of the two days happened to be to an elderly lady who was living in a retirement village.  She received a gorgeous bouquet of roses and sunflowers from her grandson who was living overseas.  Apparently, she had been telling her neighbors that she was going to receive something special on Valentine's Day.  We were thrilled to be able to deliver the much anticipated surprise.  It made us SMILE and filled us with cheer.  It is the little things that give our hearts such JOY!

After our morning deliveries, we headed home to celebrate LOVE day with the rest of the Manning gang.  We made heart shaped pizzas, shared our handmade love notes with one another and topped off the night with a movie, a romantic comedy of course.

I was so thrilled that I had the opportunity to tell my husband and children how much I love them.  They are so special and I cannot imagine my life without each and everyone of them in it!  This year is shaping up to be a tough year full of challenges for us and our loved ones, I know we are only in February.  We are going to need to relish every moment together and look for the positive in all things.  We are going to need to be patient with each other and extremely supportive.  I have faith in my Heavenly Father and know that all of bumps in the road help me to become the woman, wife and mother I need to be.  

I am grateful for LOVE.  It is the most powerful FORCE in this world.  It can change peoples hearts.  I grateful that I was raised in a family filled with LOVE.  They continue to give me and my little family spiritual support each day when we are so physically FAR away from them.

I hope my littles will always remember that my love for them is unconditional.  I am so proud of the young ladies they are striving to be.  I know that they give each day their best effort.  When things don't go according to plan, they pick themselves up and keep pressing forward - well done girls.  Happy Valentine's Day!


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Man of Mine!



Chocolate Mousse Hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment