Saturday, August 17, 2013

17 YEARS

Tom and I celebrated 17 years of marriage this last week on August 15, 2013.  It is hard to believe that we have been married for 17 years but, when you look at the old wedding photos it becomes reality.  We have done some pretty fun things over the last 17 years and I have to say that blind dates really can be a good thing.  --(Thanks, Sue Pratley)

My kids always ask us why Tom would want to wear clear glasses like Harry Potter?
Little did they know that Harry Potter wasn't even a thought back then. 


We have three gorgeous girls that keep us running.  We have lived in 4 different places spanning the USA and world (Utah, Michigan, North Carolina, & Sydney, Australia).   We have had many ups and downs along the way.  I have to say that it has been more ups than downs but, we are still enjoying each other.  He continues to make me laugh and I think that is one of the best bits of our relationship.  Life is never dull with Mr. Manning.  He keeps me on my toes and is an absolute crack-up to be around.  Where we will finally end up, who knows?  I am sure there will be many stops along the way but we are having JOY in the journey.

We celebrated our anniversary this weekend by going out to dinner to one of our favorite restaurants in Sydney that we happened to come across on our "LOOK, SEE" trip in February.  It is a tiny Indian restaurant that only has about 15 tables.  The view of the Sydney Harbor is to die for and it was fantastic.  


Our View

Thanks Mr. Manning for 17 years, I am in this for the LONG HAUL BABY!  Here's to 50 more years, oh wait....that would make you close to 100!  I love being the JUNIOR companion in this relationship. :)  


A attempt at a selfie with the bridge behind us.


What a handsome silver fox I have in my life each day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment