Saturday, December 14, 2013

BEST 2 YEARS….

I know what many of you are thinking, who could be old enough to go on a mission in the Manning household.  Tom and I are eligible in the age department, even though we don't want to admit it.  So, what is this post about…..drum roll please, Claire got her braces off.  YIPPEE! 
DONE!
Claire had many complex jaw/tooth problems.  She needed braces and a big metal device that moved her lower jaw forward using springs, rods and screws.  Let's just say that she had a mouthful of metal.  It was a crazy and very uncomfortable over the last couple of years.  There were times when she wondered if this whole experience was going to be worth it.  I knew that she would be THRILLED with the results but, I felt bad that many afternoons she was in excruciating pain.  

We moved to Australia with six months before we were finished with her orthodontic work and I worried about the prospect of finding a new orthodontist.  I toyed with the idea of just flying her home every couple of months (I know this sounds crazy).  However, my Cary orthodontist assured me that he would find a good Australian orthodontist that practiced the same philosophy.  He often reminded me that I was not moving to a Third-World country.  Well can I just say that Dr. Bo pulled through for us again in the recommendations department.  We found a fantastic orthodontist and he was able to just step into the whole complicated process that we had started in Cary.  The only drawback was the fact that it took a little longer than we expected due to the move "down under."   

Claire is loving her new smile.  She thinks that her teeth feel quite weird - "slimy" were her words.  She loves all of the space that she has in her mouth and that she can bite straight into an apple when she feels the desire to do so.  She is one happy camper.  It was music to my ears when she stated…."BRACES WERE TOTALLY WORTH IT - BEST 2 YEARS!"

Now we are starting the same process with Grace….and then Jane.  I think maybe I should have considered being a orthodontist myself.  I could have saved us some serious CASH!  

Before
At the beginning - first day :)
The six month mark.
One year to go.
Months to go - 2.
All Done!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I think this has to be some famous model!! This can not be my young Claire. You were beautiful as our O. M.'ER. To know that you are so beautiful inside and now to this BEAUTIFUL YOUNG WOMAN! CLAIRE, YOU ARE RIGHT, IT WAS WORTH 2 YEARS! So happy for you.
    All the pictures are great. All of the girls are so pretty. Of course, they come by it honestly. Look at their Mom!

    ReplyDelete