Saturday, July 27, 2013

LOOKS LIKE LONDON, FEELS LIKE LONDON, BUT IT IS NOT

Every week in school Grace must do a history project called General Facts.  The year six children are assigned a person, place or event in history, they must research it and answer many questions about it in regards to general facts.  A few weeks ago, Grace was assigned to research downtown Sydney.  She was to find out the origins of many of the historic streets, parks and landmarks.  

Because of this assignment and the high marks (grades) that she received, we decided as a family to head to Sydney yesterday and have Grace take us around to some of the historical places.  She was to give us little background about the place and why it is was important in Australian history.  She did a fantastic job!  She navigated the streets and train stations perfectly.  I decided that since she was taking on the adult persona, I would be a child for the day.  I perfected the skill by leaving our water bottle on the train.  I am not quite sure how I forgot it but, I just walked off and left it on the seat.  Way to go----MOM!  Claire said that she was glad that I lost something because now she knows that I am not PERFECT and make mistakes just like they do.  It was a good learning experience for all of us.  :)



 "THE ROCKS" - oldest part of Sydney


 "THE SOLDIER" - carved out of limestone.


 CONTORTIONIST that we saw in the Harbour - she fit into a small box.

 ST. MARY'S CATHEDRAL on College Street

 HYDE PARK - it has the most gorgeous trees...my favorite.


 Hand stands throughout the park....Jane is awesome!


 A few stores that we recognized from the states....it felt like home for a minute.  


Heading home....great job - GRACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment